Conspiracy of Silence
Click the play button to start the video
In 1993 Yorkshire Television sent a documentary crew to Omaha, Nebraska, to investigate, document, and interview those close to the Franklin Case. Throughout the following months the crew collected hours of interviews, spending nearly half a million dollars in the process.
The title of the documentary spoke its fate. "Conspiracy of Silence" was scheduled to air on May 3, 1994, but the documentary was pulled by the Discovery channel, and it never aired on TV. Â
John DeCamp said that informants had told him that the documentary had been pulled after Congress struck a deal with cable companies. While other Washington officials said the documentary contained pornographic material and should not be aired.
John DeCamp was anonymously mailed a "cutting-room" copy of the documentary in 1995.